Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome!

Whats good? Welcome to HipHop-Thinktank . I am merely the moderator..... I am a lifelong b-boy. I was born in Brooklyn, NYC, in 1976. I was at the park jams as a youngster, and soon became a DJ, myself.

I consider myself 2nd generation Hip-Hop, as I remember the original breaks being played and introductions from older siblings, however, I came of age during the "golden era". I've spent the greater part of my teens traveling the country, performing with a host of artists. I personally own over 40,000 pieces of vinyl. I have lived all over the country including the southeast and the mid-west. I have lived it, and even made a buck or two from it. I've earned my opinion...

This is a place where we will discuss hip-hop on a higher plateau. In beginning this blog, I looked for a proper definition, for those who may feel their pedigree is similar to mine, but had no idea of what a think tank was.... Here it goes.. Think Tank: An organization or group of experts researching and advising on issues of society, science, technology, industry, or business. If you're down, read on... In our case, this blog is for experts to discuss the intricacies of Hip-Hop society, the Hip-Hop sciences (don't-sleep), Hip-Hop technology, the Industry in general, and most importantly, the Hip-Hop business. There was nowhere, until now, for Hip-Hop to discuss grown folks issues. This blog by no means is for the "casual" Hip-Hop listener or consumer. Although, it is a great place to learn from true "elder statespeople".

We will attempt to examine important things affecting our culture. Your pedigree will dictate your status here, and trust you will be tested by others.

Your posts will be very telling. State your pedigree, and again, welcome.

Joe

No comments: